Finding ways to incorporate speaking and listening into the classroom on a regular basis can be tough. For many teachers, working with audio files can be daunting. Over the years, I've found a few favorite audio recording tools that are easy to use and have broad application for any classroom.
MY FAVORITE AUDIO RECORDING TOOLS
- web based
- no login
- super simple to record
- multiple sharing options like sharing a link, QR code, or download MP3 file to insert into Google Slides
- Chrome extension
- once it's installed, it's always at your fingertips for quick use
- easy to share with link
- BONUS: add audio/voice to Google Forms
SCREENCASTIFY also lets you export audio only for any video you record, and a bonus is that it saves directly to your Google Drive making it easier than ever to add to Google Slides!!
APPLICATIONS FOR SCHOOL
- Add spoken instructions to lessons (great for students learning English, for Language classes, providing lessons for subs, etc.)
- Provide audio feedback in comments
- Add audio to Google Forms
- Narrate ANYTHING!
- Add background music
- Explain learning
- Add language translations
- Narrate ANYTHING! (Children’s book, comic, presentation, etc.)
Check out this tutorial that highlights each of these tools (and a bonus) in action!