As You Wish by Chelsea Sedoti
My rating: 3 of 5 stars
If you could make one wish and know it would come true (with a few little restrictions - see Rules for wishing below), what would it be?
Madison is a small pass-through town in the middle of the Mojave desert. It's everything you might expect: gas station, bar, run-down houses, a school, and a cave that grants one wish to each resident (who was born there) on his/her 18th birthday.
Rules for wishing:
1. Never let an outsider find out about wishing. (Zip your lips and throw away the key.)
2. Wishes that would impact the world are off limits (i.e. no bringing back the dinosaurs).
3. Do no harm. (Murder = no bueno.)
4. No time travel. (What's done is done, pal.)
5. No bringing back the dead. (Come on. You've seen what happens in THE WALKING DEAD.)
6. NEVER BREAK THE RULES. (Seriously. We mean it. See Rule #7.)
7. There are always consequences.
As Eldon approaches his 18th birthday, he can't seem to land on a wish even though he's literally had years to prepare. It's that rule #7 that keeps haunting him - and so many other's who've wished before him.
I'd call this one realistic fiction with a little mysticism (aka fantasy) thrown in the mix.
View all my reviews
Post a Comment